What Does Whiskey And Fashion Have In Common?
Details are often the difference between good stuff and great stuff. This is true for most things. From making whiskey to making a fashion statement and beyond, paying close attention to the smaller things is often what makes the results exceptional.
Which is exactly what Jameson Select Reserve is. This blend of rich pot still and grain whiskey is also barrel matured but, unlike the rest of our range, these barrels are twice charred for good measure. The process takes longer and we can’t produce as much, but the resulting smoothness justifies the extra effort.
Our friends at GQ share our sentiment, which is why they host an award show celebrating exactly that: attention to detail. Every year we join them to find South Africa’s best-dressed guys, the ones whose style is meticulous yet brave. This year’s GQ Best Dressed Men Of The Year will be announced on 24 October 2016, so stay tuned.
In the lead-up to the main award show we’re also running The GQ Best Dressed Reader Search in association with Jameson Select Reserve. Much like our small batch whiskey, we’re looking for someone whose style demonstrates attention to detail and doesn’t follow mainstream trends while still being smooooth. Someone who doesn’t try to, but can’t help to stand out from the crowd. If that’s you or someone you hang out with, enter The GQ Best Dressed Reader Search.
Here’s how to enter:
In the meantime, here is some fresh local fashion inspiration from our I Only Wear Local shoot:
The Fine Print:
- After the submission period closes, GQ will select the top ten entries.
- We will then release the photos and names of our top ten for the public to vote, and we will take that into consideration when selecting who will ultimately be 2016’s Best Dressed Reader.
- The winner will receive a set of double tickets to the exclusive invite-only Best Dressed Men of the Year event in Johannesburg on October 24th 2016, as well as an all-day VIP reader experience on the day of the event.
- Keep your eyes peeled as we reveal details of the VIP reader experience in the coming weeks, and follow GQ on Instagram and Twitter to see what competition you’re up against.
- Entrants must supply full name and contact details along with their submissions.
- If winners cannot be contacted, the prizes will be reassigned.
- Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to forward entrants’ details to competition sponsors.
- Competition prizes not transferable and no cash alternatives are allowed.
- Employees of Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and participating/associated companies and promotional agencies, including the organiser, contributors to GQ and families of any of the aforementioned may not enter the competition.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive correspondence from Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and the organiser.
- Competition is only open to residents of the Johannesburg area only.
- Competition only open to persons 18 years old and over.
- Entries close 10 October 2016