Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: December 2015
1. In this crowdsourced initiative, the winning proposal for a music video will be funded by Jameson, to an amount not exceeding R100 000 ex VAT . The grant is to be used to enable the director to produce a music video for the Jameson Indie Channel. All production expenses and other incidental cost must be within the R100 000 budget, with the director taking a fee of no more than 10% of the total budget.
2. The initiative is open to residents of South Africa, over the age of 18 years, except for the shareholders, partners, employees, directors, members, agents or consultants (and their respective life partners, business partners and immediate families) of Pernod Ricard SA (PRSA) and any organisation that directly or indirectly conducts, promotes or organises this initiative.
3. Entries open on 10th December 2015 , from which date you may submit proposals, and closes at 5 pm on 31st January 2016 . Proposals received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
4. To stand a chance of being the chosen director, you must submit your proposal and video idea as per the guidelines available at WWW.INDIECHANNEL.CO.ZA. There is no entry form to complete, proposals must simply be limited to a one-page written proposal, accompanied by a one-page mood board, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any competition entries which do not meet the specified requirements will be disqualified.
5. Each applicant may only submit one proposal per song/track. Directors may submit more than one proposal for different tracks, with a limit of three entries in total per applicant
6. By submitting a proposal, you accept the rules of this initiative.
7. Five chosen proposals will be announced mid-February 2016. These applicants will be notified and required to present their directors treatment to the Agency Native VML & the client PRSA, either in person or via Skype during week commencing 22nd Feb 2016. Failure to present will result in disqualification. One director will be chosen , and this person will be awarded the R100 000 grant.
8. The chosen director will be notified via telephone by 11:59pm on 29th February 2016
9. The chosen director must notify Pernod Ricard SA of his/her full name(s), identity number(s), vendor status and contact numbers.
10. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged for cash or any other goods or services.
11. In the event of circumstances beyond its control, Pernod Ricard SA may postpone or cancel the competition and/or change the prizes at any time prior to the date on which the competition draw is scheduled to take place.
12. The judges’ / draw decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will be required to sign a separate contract, detailing further requirements with Pernod Ricard SA.
Warranties and Liabilities
To the extent allowed by law, the Entrant agrees that PRSA shall not be liable to him or any other person or entity whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage:
1.1 caused by or arising from any fact or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Jameson INDIE Channel;
1.2 which is consequential or incidental loss or damage;
1.3 of whatever nature and howsoever arising from or in connection with the Entrant’s Participation and/or acceptance of the grant
1.4 which is a result of any downtime, outage, interruption in or unavailability of the Website, attributable to any cause whatsoever, including (but not limited to) repairs and maintenance, any breakdown in any service provided by any communications service provider (including line failure) as well as by any external communications networks and/or networks of any internet service providers;
1.5 arising from any disclosure or use of any information the Entrant provides to the Promoter, whether such disclosure is in accordance with the provisions of these Promotion Terms and Conditions or otherwise; and/or
1.6 arising from a breach of any security system which may be implemented by the Promoter and/or any service provider to the Promoter.
To the extent allowed by law, the Entrant hereby indemnifies and holds PRSA free from liability for loss or damage of whatever nature and howsoever arising from the Entrant’s Participation and/or the Entrant’s failure to comply with any provision and/or obligation under these Terms and Conditions. This clause constitutes an assumption of risk and/or liability by the Entrant under which the Entrant indemnifies PRSA against certain liabilities and which may result in the Entrant being liable for additional costs and liabilities.
Last Updated: August 2015
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All the content on this site is copyright © Jameson INDIE Channel® 2015. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. The opinions expressed in this publication are not necessarily those of the Jameson INDIE Channel nor are they the necessarily the opinions of the editors, publishers or copyright holders. Access to and use of this website are provided subject to these terms and conditions.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS USE OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
These terms may be modified from time to time without notice to you. You are responsible for checking these terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Jameson INDIE Channel web site constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
We welcome all photographic, videographic and editorial contributions. Email, send on a disk or mail originals. We cannot be held responsible for unsolicited contributions. Jameson INDIE Channel retains reprint rights (across all mediums) on all content published. Contributors retain all other rights for resale and republication.
USE OF MATERIAL ON THE JAMESON INDIE CHANNEL WEB SITE
The information, artwork, text, video, audio, or photographs (collectively known as materials from here onwards) contained on the Jameson INDIE Channel web site are protected by copyright and international laws. You may not modify or use the materials for any other purpose without owners express written consent.
Except as provided below, you may not reproduce, republish, post, transmit, publicly perform, publicly display or distribute any Materials on the Jameson INDIE Channel® web site.
You may print Materials on the Jameson INDIE Channel® web site for personal or educational purposes only, and you must include any copyright notice originally included with the Materials in all copies.
Any computer software downloadable or otherwise available from the Jameson INDIE Channel® site is licensed subject to the terms of the applicable license agreement. Any services purchased or otherwise made available from the Jameson INDIE Channel® web site are licensed under the terms of the applicable terms of service agreement.
The Materials included on the Jameson INDIE Channel® web site have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice.
All media files on the Jameson INDIE Channel® web site are protected by copyright laws. You may not, under any circumstances, reproduce, record, publish, publicly exhibit, or distribute any media files made available for playback on the Jameson INDIE Channel® web site without obtaining the express written consent of the Operator. You may not link directly to any media file located on a Jameson INDIE Channel® server, and you should not attempt to “pass-off” any Jameson INDIE Channel® content as your own work.
SITES LINKED FROM THE Jameson INDIE Channel® WEB SITE
The sites linked from the Jameson INDIE Channel website are not under Operator’s control, and Operator does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communications or materials available at such linked sites. Links on the Jameson INDIE Channel web site are not intended to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities; they are provided for convenience only. You are solely responsible and liable for any interactions you may have with any such linked entities, their sponsors and other third parties, including but not limited to, the delivery or and payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such interactions.
The owner or operator shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such interactions.
“Forums” mean any chat area, poll, bulletin board, e-mail or other interactive function offered as a part of the Jameson INDIE Channel web site. All information, advice, files, links, communications or other materials posted by you (User-Supplied Materials) to any Forum shall be your responsibility. You shall not post or transmit via any Forum any User Supplied Materials which infringe a third party’s rights, including without limitation any privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that are unlawful, untrue harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortuous, threatening, harmful (including but not limited to viruses, worms or similar software) or that is otherwise objectionable. You shall use the Jameson INDIE Channel web site for lawful purposes only.
The Forums shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You shall not, without Operator’s express approval, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation, promotion or advertising for goods or services.
SUBMITTING TO FORUMS
By submitting User-Supplied Materials to any Forum, you grant, or warrant that the owner of any such User-Supplied Materials has expressly granted, to Operator a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, and distribute all such User-Supplied Materials and/or to incorporate such materials in other works in any form, media, technology now known or later developed and to sublicense any and all such rights to third parties.
Operator shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to monitor and/or remove any User-Supplied Materials posted by you to the Jameson INDIE Channel web site deemed harmful or offensive in Operator’s sole discretion, or that otherwise violate these terms and conditions or any other terms and conditions which Operator may institute from time to time. Operator shall have no liability for the failure to receive or for the removal of any such materials.
STATEMENTS AND OPINIONS
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of the Jameson INDIE Channel web site. It is your responsibility to evaluate or seek the advice of professionals to assist you in the evaluation of the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness or any Information provided in connection with or otherwise available on the Jameson Indie Channel website.
You agree to indemnify and hold Operator harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to, or arising out of or related to any information you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Jameson INDIE Channel web site, your use of the Jameson INDIE Channel web site, your connection to the Jameson INDIE Channel web site, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any law, regulation or third-party right.
For purposes of this section, “Operator” shall include Pernod Ricard, Jameson, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Jameson INDIE Channel® and its divisions, subsidiaries, successors, parent companies, and their employees, partners, principals, agents and representatives, and any third-party providers or sources of information or data.